Travel Advantage Network (TAN) is looking to groom a new junior property manager, with lots of potential for future growth. This a great opportunity for someone who has worked their way up the property management ladder, for example, maintenance to property care, to leasing then to management. The ideal candidate for this opportunity should be a hands on Junior Property Manager, who is able to walk the property and do minor repairs as needed.
As a Junior Property Manager in our Glen Burnie, Maryland location you will demonstrate a passion for excellence, a love for service, and innate grasp to plan, implement, evaluate, and continually improve operations.
Travel Advantage is fueled by Travel Advocates that keep their finger on the pulse of travel trends, traveler requests, and historic travel patterns to provide quality inventory in desirable locations for reasonable rates. Our mission is to motivate and compel travel.
The selected candidate will work with the Regional Property Manager and be a vital part of the team that will provide recommendations to both internal and external clients to improve the property’s performance and ensure the company’s profitability. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE in the role of Junior Property Manager will:
- Partner with Regional Property Manager and Client Services Manager to execute the established standards of acceptability for all owners seeking to introduce and/or remain in the TAN Rental Program by ensuring brand standards are explicitly outlined in all client agreements
- Prepare and present all proposed sourced acquisitions for approval including any and all capital improvements needed following the acquisitions to meet the Company’s standards of quality
- Perform all market and financial analysis to ensure all property acquisitions fit into the portfolio, meet the Travel Advantage Network standards of quality, and will be profitable
- Continue to improve the quality of the portfolio by reviewing performance of each property and make recommendations of necessary changes needed
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of the client travel history and current client demand by reviewing Market Metrix surveys’, inventory and booking ratio reports
- Ensure that any updates to leased properties are communicated and executed prior to lease renewal
- Support the administration and clerical processes and procedure for all acquisitions
- Oversee the brand quality standards of TAN Vendors through accountability management–enforcing the standards put forth by the TAN Quality Assurance Team:
- Ensure all Housekeeping and Maintenance vendors are in compliance with TAN Quality Control Standards, including execution of the TAN Vendor Service Agreement
- Address all Market Metrix surveys with a less than satisfactory resort/unit rating, negative comments, or suggestions for improvements, providing feedback to the appropriate vendor/owner
- Prepare monthly Market Metrix results analysis for PMD review
- Perform regular Property Management (PM) inspections, coordinating and performing repairs and improvements as required
- Review and approve all vendor invoices, addressing any concerns, prior to submitting to Accounting for payment
- Build partnerships to promote the TAN business model through current client base and Home Owner Associations (HOA)––creating an external network to increase acquisition potential. Work internally with business partners to promote the TAN mission:
- Network with local community to identify alternative acquisition outlets
- Work with additional brands to increase property available for TAN utilization
- Partner with in-house support staff to transition the property into the portfolio while ensuring the timely and accurate input of acquired property into the company’s database (TSW) and communication to the sales and client services team
- Share recommendations with Project Manager for capital expenditures
- Develop relationships with rental companies, service providers, property owners, and site management
- Maintain relationships with current and future brokers
- Execute other duties as assigned
STILL INTERESTED IN GROWING YOUR CAREER? Here are some qualifications that may make you a perfect candidate to be considered for this opportunity.
- 3-5 years of experience in Property Management, preferably in the Hospitality and/or Vacation Resort industry; or the combination of education and experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite, additional computer skills a plus
- Able to travel 50 percent or greater of the time
- Ability to repair small property related issues as needed
Travel Advantage Network reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.