MetaCoastal, LLC is a shared services company, founded in 2015. MetaCoastal provides its’ clients with centralized services and an operating model that works collaboratively with its’ clients to achieve their goals. Providing the tools and talent needed to get the job done, with services to include: Marketing and Communications; Human Resources; Information Technology; Finance and Accounting; Legal; and Client Services / Inventory and Yield Management.
Working together to develop original, cutting-edge approaches with an emphasis on ensuring our clients achieve their mission.
To be the preferred resource for clients delivering innovative business solutions.
This position is responsible for organizing, modifying and supporting the Enterprise computer systems, including but not limited to PCs, laptops, Windows Servers (physical and virtual), phone system, WAN/LAN/WLAN, firewall and Active Directory. The position also serves as Level 2 and 3 Help Desk support.
- Support LANs, WANs, VPNs, and Internet connectivity (networking)
- Review and maintain system backups/restores
- Maintain organization of IT Department to include workspace, server room and network closets
- Help troubleshoot problems reporting by users via phone, email, ticketing system and in-person
- Record and track tickets and projects within ticketing system
- Make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Maintain network and system security
- Manage Active Directory to include users, groups, OUs and group policy
- Build in-depth knowledge of all software used in the Enterprise in order to provide technical support
- Evaluate and modify system performance
- Provide telecom support and maintenance
- Work with software and hardware vendors to request and manage support requests
- Assist with the design and deployment of networks
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, switches, phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
- Provide new user setup and training
- Maintain hardware/software inventory
- Create and/or maintain IT documentation
Additional Responsibilities (to be performed as needed):
- Provide support of all entities supported by Shared Services which may require travel to remote sites
- Collaborate with Application/Development Team when needed to solve problems and/or complete projects
- Project work as needed/assigned
- Other duties as needed/assigned
- Manage/Train/Oversee full-time and/or part-time IT Support staff and summer intern
Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology preferred; Associate’s Degree, required
- 3-5 years System Administration experience in a midsize corporate environment
- Technical certifications a plus (MCSE, A+, etc.)
- Windows Server 2008/2012
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- VMWare Administration
- Exchange 2013 Administration
- Windows 7/10 Administration
- Group Policy
- Backup/DR Technologies
- Basic Networking/Switch/Router/Firewall Administration
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk/listen. The employee will be required to stand and walk as well as frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be willing and able to work under desks and tight spaces while troubleshooting and/or installing equipment.